Edwardian suit, projects

I Sewed!

And I even finished something! Okay, it was just a petticoat, but I’ll take what I can get.

I finally managed to sit myself down and finish this sucker. First I had to take off the lace I had added before, after finding a great matched set of black and white edging and insertion on ebay. Then I had to add the new lace, attach the flounce, and that was it — but it took much longer than it sounds. This whole heirloom sewing thing is fiddly, I tell you.

The one thing I’m not sure about this whole myth that one can use steam to pre-shrink lace edging/insertion. That’s what I did, as I couldn’t see throwing this stuff in the washing machine, but I’m really not going to be shocked if it does shrink and pucker my lovely hem ruffle once I was this thing.

petticoat petticoat
Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

No Comments

Leave a Reply