I hope I’m not creating too much travel envy, but I am busy planning my four week European jaunt this May/June, and here is the list of costume-related things that are making be go BOUNCEY BOUNCE!
Antwerp: MoMu will have a modern exhibit on African influence on Western fashion. Trying to figure out if they display any of their permanent collection.
Brussels: Le Musée du Costume et de la Dentelle. Not sure what will be showing, but sounds potentially interesting.
– Le Musée de la Mode de la Ville de Paris will be showing “Le costume hollandais et la mode en Europe au siècle des Lumières” (Dutch costume and European fashion in the Age of Light)
– Musée de la Toile de Jouy will be showing La Galante : garde-robes, parures et secrets de la mode au XVIIIe siècle
Collection de costumes Lillian Williams (in other words, 18th c. fashion)
– Le Chateau de Malmaison has some of Josephine’s dresses on display
– Of course, fabric shopping
– The Museum of London has costumes displayed in their permanent collection, plus will be showing The London Look
– The V&A: I’ve seen their permanent costume display before, but it never hurts to see it again. Plus I just found out about Style & Splendour: Queen Maud of Norway’s Wardrobe, 1896-1938!!