So my one hour per night sewing resolution was super helpful last week (this week, not so much). I stayed up late on Friday just for that sense of accomplishment of having the sleeves DONE.
I did one more mockup, moving the upper/lower sleeve seam down. Looking at it now, I think I should have angled it up even more towards the back, but what’s done is done and I was happy to move on to the real deal. I cut the sleeves with a motif going down the front outside of the arm, and while there is a break in the pattern because of the elbow seam, I don’t think it’s very noticeable.
I also went through and fixed/reinforced all the gores that were pulling… altho one has pulled yet again. Sigh. So I need to get in there with some duct tape or hot glue or… I KID, I KID!
So it’s all done, minus the hem — which is going to be a total BASTARD. I gotta start thinking of what I can offer as bribes to get someone to mark it for me!
And man, do I look like a sausage. I’m really going to need a porn star wig (for any Pre-Raphaelite wearings) to detract from the sausageness. Please to enjoy that monster horizontal wrinkle in back!