So I’m home, and I have so much to post about! Many costumes were worn and fabulous times were had.
I’m kicking the wrap-up off with a quick post about my embroidery projects. I did finish the tambour embroidered fichu:
And I also made a tambour embroidered waistcoat for Francis, using yellow silk taffeta and various colors of silk embroidery thread. I based the design on this gorgeous piece from LACMA, which was super helpful as I could download high resolution images, and since it had never been made up, it printed off as a perfect pattern. I just had to resize it a few times and move a few things around to make it fit Francis’s pattern shape. I also simplified things a bit, in that I didn’t do all the embroidery along the buttonholes — I don’t understand how/why they would cut into the embroidery to make the buttonholes. That seemed madness to me!