1875 candy cane dress, 19th century, projects

Tonight I finished up the bodice mockup and pattern

Had to do some adjustments to the darts and finalize the neckline — I ended up just making the back rounded. I figure I’m going to put a big ruche on it, it doesn’t REALLY matter what shape it is. Plus, all the interesting shapes I was finding in fashion plates etc. worked better for tailored styles — the froofy ones like mine just seem to be round and froofy.

My left side (your right) is the fitted side.

bodice_mockup4 bodice_mockup5

Now if I can stay awake long enough, I’m going to start cutting!

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

No Comments

Leave a Reply